Tuesday 19 June 2012

Xcode and Quartz Composer

I'm trying to figure out how to develop applications for Mac OSX.  To start with I found Xcode which is available free from the App Store and allows you to develop applications for Mac, iPhone or iPad.

Apple Developer has a Xcode page that gives an overview and links to the App Store.
There is a good youTube video that shows you how to download Xcode from the App Store and create you first app for OSX.

I'm chiefly thinking about graphics and animation related applications and I was pointed towards Quartz Composer part of the Xcode environment the allows visual programming using connected blocks.  Apple Developer has a graphics and animation page.  I have a feeling Quartz 2D or its functions available through Xcode would be enough I decided to go with Quarz Composer (QC) because it offers more options w/r/t interactivity/dynamism for the end user; this is just a gut feel at the moment and besides QC is much more intuitive for me.  For a great introduction this youTube video teaches you how to create something with Quartz Composer.  

To access QC I had to sign up as an apple developer and download some extension to Xcode - this is all free...

No comments:

Post a Comment